These Secret Algorithms Control Your Life
AI-derived scores rank individuals based on their profitability or risk as consumers, job candidates, or even defendants in court. Machine-learning algorithms decide your life.
Support me through Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thehatedone
- or donate anonymously:
Businesses, courts and the police have adopted artificial intelligence to assign scores to individuals based on poorly understood statistical analysis. The public needs to start a dialogue about whether or not we want to accept the ethics of this practice.
Throughout my research, I have been able to identify seven different scores maintained on individuals or locations. Here’s what I could find. You have a:
• consumer score, which is now widespread among customer-oriented enterprises
• Health Score and Driver Score, – both of which are sought by insurance companies and I already covered these two scoring systems in separate videos.
• Credit Rating Score – used in lending, loaning and banking markets.
• Job Applicant Score – most commonly deployed in resume scanning and candidate ranking
• a risk-assessment score used in criminal justice system,
• and a predictive policing score
Bias and privacy concerns: https://news.harvard.edu/gazet....te/story/2020/10/eth
Job applicant score
Amazon hiring AI bias: https://www.reuters.com/articl....e/us-amazon-com-jobs
Resume screening: https://www.vox.com/recode/201....9/12/12/20993665/art
Babysitter screening: https://gizmodo.com/predictim-....claims-its-ai-can-fl
Risk-assessment score in justice system
Machine bias in criminal sentencing: https://www.propublica.org/art....icle/machine-bias-ri
Music by: Karl Casey - White Bat Audio
The footage and images featured in the video were for critical analysis, commentary and parody, which are protected under the Fair Use laws of the United States Copyright act of 1976.